February 16 Andrey Arshavin helped Arsenal to beat Barcelona, arguably the best team in world football. That was after a rather lengthy period of Arshavin’s “unlucky” games. The star appears to be back and shining bright. This rusky guy can be a loser for a while, but then he always comes back and shows the game everybody can’t help loving. All in all Arshavin is a cool man, which is probably one of the reasons why he is being so beloved both by Arsenal fans and by football enthusiasts in Russia. Here are 12 Cool Facts you might never knew about Andrey Arshavin.
- Started playing football at the age of 7.
- Thinks that girls playing football is ok, but the level of women’s football is too low to take it seriously.
- Has never taken any autograph for himself. “To be honest, I do not understand what people need it for.”
- He says that his hobby is creating goals for the team and it doesn’t matter whether he scores himself or assists someone.
- Favorite colors are red, black and white.
- Recorded a single two years ago. ‘The football of my childhood’ is a song about a boy with a dream of becoming a professional footballer.
- Has once been stung by a bee in his behind.
- Doesn’t drink coffee at all and doesn’t have breakfast.
- Every year Andrey is on top of the 33-best Russian footballers list: he became number 1 in 2005 and 2006, and number 2 in 2001, 2002, 2004.
- Became the first football player in Russia to be elected FIFA-Kinderdorf Ambassador (2005).
- Thinks it’s bad manners to invite yourself to somebody’s house because his grandmother taught him that.
- A hobby of his is designing women’s dresses.
Rogosa released his own analysis that showed charter schools improving at rates comparable to those of a crazy read noncharter public schools
- andrey arshavin